2017--2018学年人教版必修三Unit 3 The Million Pound Bank Note知识点学案
2017--2018学年人教版必修三Unit 3 The Million Pound Bank Note知识点学案第2页

相似短语: win a bet 打赌而赢了

lose a bet 打赌而输

put/place a bet on a horse 在一匹马上下赌注

How did you feel about the bet if you lose it? 如果这次赌博你输了,你觉得赌博如何?

have a bet on sth. 赌博......

People in Hong Kong like having a bet on horse races. 香港人喜欢在马的比赛上下赌注。

6. At this moment, they see a penniless young man wandering on the pavement outside their house. 这时,他们看见一个身无分文的年轻人在房子外面的人行道上游荡。

The children wandered in the woods. 孩子们在森林里漫步。

wander about [over]the world 漫游世界wander through the woods徘徊于林中

wander from proper conduct行为不正派wander from the subject [point]离题

His mind is wandering.他心不在焉。

7. ...who is lost in London. 他在伦敦迷路了。

lose vt. 丢失,迷失be lost in...(1)(在城市、森林、人群中)迷路

He is lost in the forest.他在森林里迷了路。

He is lost in the crowd and didn't know where to go.他在人群中迷了路,不知该往哪里走。

(2)专心致志于......

Lost in thought,he almost ran into a tree. 沉思之中,他差一点撞到前面的树。

8. Who?Me,sir? 谁?我吗,先生?

英语里,在简略答语中要用宾格,而不用主格。

-Who broke the window?谁打破了窗户? -Me.我。

9.Through the front door on you left. 通过你左侧的前门。

through,表示动作是在某一物体的空间里进行的,翻译成"穿过......"。

e.g.walk through the forest 走过森林 flow through the city 流过城市

come in through the window 从窗户进来

The river flows through the city from west to east. 这条河自西向东流过这座城市。

10.Permit me to lead the way,sir. 请允许我带路,先生。

permit sb. to do sth. 允许某人做某事

Permit me to explain,will you?请允许我解释,好吗?

The teacher won't permit her students to wear jewels.老师不允许她的学生戴首饰。

permit doing sth....

We don't permit smoking in the office.在我们的办公室里不准吸烟。

11.Not at all.It's my first trip here.一点也不,这是我的第一次旅行。

at all用在肯定句、疑问句中,起强调作用,意为"竟然,到底,真的"。

It's a miracle that you returned at all.你竟然还回来了,这真是个奇迹。

Did you do the work at all?你真的做了这事?

12.I wonder,Mr Adams,if you'd mind us asking a few questions. 亚当斯先生,不知您是否介意我们问几个问题。

(1)I wonder if/whether..."请问您是否......",可以用以提出要求,为礼貌的表达方式。